Tuesday, May 26, 2009

24 days to race day

Last week was horrible: out of town to hospitals about 3 days (very early in the a.m.) - long hours at work - out of town to St. Louis a couple of days - family reunion - holiday celebrations/cookouts.

BUT -

I've not given up. Back in the gym today

(I should explain here that I DID in fact have some tendinitis and was in some major - ok, maybe an overstatment - but some pain and did have to break from the treadmill for a while)

and lessons learned. I did get back on the treadmill for about 10-15 min. Just walking - but high incline to get the heart rate up for fat burning. Then on to the upper body weights. But I felt terrible. A week of no gym, bad eating, and going back made me realize how far I'd come. It made me realize that it is just not worth it anymore to treat myself badly. No matter how fun it is - at the time - to sleep in, miss working out, and eat the wrong kinds/amounts of food.

So, with new determination, I am back "on the wagon" and working toward that 5k race just 24 days from now. I WILL enter I WILL finish - just no guarantees on the time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment