Wednesday, May 13, 2009

38 to go...

My knee was stiff when I got up today and was hurting me last night, so I decided to eliptical today and give it a little rest. I did over 2 1/4 mi on the eliptical in 30 min. - between 4-5 mph the whole time. Felt good. Easy. HR was at a good fat-burning level. 450 calories burned. 30 min. at 140 degrees infrared heat... ahhhhh!

On the spiritual side, here is a thought from my devotion from "Streams in the Desert" this a.m.:

I have oft quoted, relied upon, and taken great encouragement from Ephesians 3:20 which states that God is able to do "...immeasureably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,". Awesome.

But somehow, I've always imagined (and keep in mind that this does say that God goes BEYOND our imagination - so I guess it should be no surprise!) that meant God going to do more wonderfully ENJOYABLE things for me and my family and my church, etc, etc - than I could ever ask or imagine. The idea of my devotion today that - well, maybe the ways that God does "immeasurably more" are things we don't necessarily like.

Ie. - I pray for people to be won to Christ. OK, He'll do more than that... He'll go beyond my greatest plans and imaginative ability... but He may bring them to Himself through great tragedy in MY life. Get the picture? Sometimes God's best for us looks a whole lot different that our best for us.

In the last stanza of today's accompanying poem, it says:

"I thank You, Lord, You were too wise to heed,
My feeble prayers and answer as I sought,
Since these rich gifts Your bounty has bestowed,
Have brought me more than all I asked or thought;
Giver of Good, so answer each request,
With Your OWN giving - better than my best."

- Annie Johnson Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment