Wednesday, June 17, 2009

3 Days to Race Day!

WOW! It's been too long since I've updated you on my progress. I have been really discouraged about getting ready for this thing.

As you know, I had a bout with tendonitis - got over that. Then last week, while finally attempting to up my speed again, I pulled my lower right calf. Ugh! And yes, Dr. - I had S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D before-hand! So, I was back to slowing down.

Did lost of continual stretching, dancing a couple of nights last week actually helped losen it up. Then today - "twang". Ouch. I got further, but still... Ugh!

Well, on the upside... I have lost more weight. Down to 309. Want desparately to get under that 300 mark now. But - well, not desparate enough to try REAL hard! :) Actually though, I'm getting motivated again. I've been comfortable with my "new" body long enough and now the "new" one doesn't look good anymore. So it's time to change some more.

Also, being as my 40th birthday is Saturday, I splurged and got a pretty nice gift. I got an itouch and I totally love it. But the thing that pushed me over on it was the Nike+ app. I was wondering how I could pace myself in the race Saturday. The Nike sensor - which straps to your shoe (unless you buy the fancy Nikes that you put the sensor IN) - wirelessly transmits your running data to the itouch. A voice comes on - while the music is going - to tell you how far, fast, etc, etc, you've run. That's what I need to help me pace Saturday. You can then download the workout info to your Nike+ profile page and keep track of your progress. I think it will be fun enough to motivate me to more road work in the future. There are challenges you can be a part of in the Nike+ online community too.

So, tomorrow? More workout. Friday - excercise walking around Silver Dollar City all day and dancing that night. Then the big day!

Pray for me now, hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment