Thursday, May 14, 2009

37 days to the real thing!

I ran my first 5k today. OK, well, that's a BIT of a stretch. I didn't actually RUN it all - and I did it on the treadmill - but I went the distance. Still a lot of work to do, but I'm encouraged to have gone the distance.

It took me 44 min, 20 sec. However, I think I'd gone faster by going slower/steady. I started out trying to reach my goal of 4mph for 1 min/6mph for 2 min cycles. I could only do that for the first 12 minutes. My knee began hurting some and I didn't want to push, so I went quite a bit slower for the rest of the first 30 min and actually had a slower time that I've had for 2.5 mi. SO, all that to say, I'm going back to a little slower and steady pace for a week or two and see where I'm at.

Also, I didn't use any incline in the first 30 min. However, I used 4% in the last 14 1/2 min. Never went below 3mph. I feel good. Upper body workout. And cook for 30 min at 140 degrees.

Down one pound to 310.75 today. I'm satisfied with that. I can still feel my body changing shape for the better - so that's good.

Today, I'm going with my wife to KC to enjoy some time celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary. I probably won't eat very well - celebrating and two MLB games.... but hopefully, at least, I'll make use of the hotel gym and pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment